Banana bread is for life……..
……..not just for c*vid (lockdowns!) 🤣
I know baking banana bread was THE thing that everyone made in the first lockdowns but I’m still here for it!
Since time began (I reckon) our ancestors have been chucking their brown bananas in with a bit of sugar, eggs and flour and whipping up a banana loaf.
I usually make mine vegan but I had eggs to use up too, so made this loaf from @bbcgoodfood but added cinnamon coz you can’t have bananas without cinnamon can you?
Perfect weekend breakfast fodder, great in lunchboxes, lovely toasted, and ensures minimal food waste. Make this and you’re basically a super human 🏻
You need –
* 140g butter, softened
* 140g caster sugar
* 2 large eggs, beaten
* 140g self-raising flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
* 50g icing sugar
* 2 tsp cinnamon
* Heat oven to 180C
* line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
* Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 eggs with a little of the flour.
* fold in the remaining flour, cinnamon, baking powder and 2 mashed bananas.
* pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 50 mins, or until cooked through. Check the loaf at 5-min intervals by testing it with a skewer (it should be able to be inserted and removed cleanly), as the time may vary depending on the shape of your loaf tin.
* Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
* Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
* Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake.
Search ‘brilliant banana bread’ on @bbcgoodfood website (I’ll do a swipe up in stories) for their full recipe. Reckon this would be fit with a few handfuls of chocolate chips thrown in too!
I used manx eggs, @iomcreamery butter and @laxeyflour in mine and got all my ingredients from @robinsonsiom 🏻🇮🇲
You need to make this 🏻
#dessert #bananabread #lesswaste #reducefoodwaste #homebaking #packedlunchideas