Satay Sweet potato curry.
Anyone else have a seasonal clean? Not just like a ‘spring clean’ but a proper, ‘take everything out of the cupboards and wipe all the shelves down’ every change of season?
No? Neither would I! But when you’re married to the isle of Man’s version of @mrshinchhome you have no choice!
While he’s wiping down all the skirting boards and cleaning inside the radiators, the kitchen is my job. And as much as I complain I actually really like it! And find ingredients I’d forgotten about.
I found a bag of sweet potatoes and some tins of coconut milk so googled a recipe and this @bbcgoodfood recipe popped up!
I tweaked it a bit to work with what I had in the cupboards but check out the original recipe if you’d rather work with that 🏻
It looks like dog shit but it was actually LUSH 🏻
This recipe is accidentally vegan as long as you use a vegan paste.
You need –
* 1 tbsp sesame oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 tsp mixed garlic and ginger purée
* 3 tbsp @nandosuk medium peri peri sauce (@robinsonsiom stock this 🏼)
* 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
* 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
* 400ml can coconut milk
* 1 green pepper, sliced
* Tbsp lemon juice
* 2 tsp sugar
* cooked rice, to serve (optional)
* Add the oil to a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
* Stir in the Nando’s sauce, peanut butter and sweet potato and pepper , then add coconut milk and 200ml water.
* Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
* Stir through the lemon juice and sugar and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
SO bloody good! And was good to use up stuff in the cupboards………. AND THE GIRLS LIKED IT!! WHAT A WIN!!
Make this 🏼🏼
#mains #sweetpotatocurry #nandos #satay #sataycurry #sataysweetpotatocurry #bbcgoodfood #vegan #plantbased #pantbasedkids #pantbasedfamilymeals #veganfamilymeals #kidapproved #kidscurry